United states Citizen’s Self-help guide to Immigrating an excellent Colombian Mate or Bride to be
– Our infant grew up in Colombia? Just what today?
It’s a common belief that a baby created abroad to help you a great USC would want a visa to enter the us. Yet not, that’s only a misconception. Of a lot youngsters folks Owners are already Us citizens and may use an excellent Us Passport to have take a trip.
The new Consular Statement out-of Delivery Abroad (CRBA) Procedure (More info discovered here: /immigration/children-born-abroad-how-to-get-citizenship-from-parents/ ) documents this new delivery on United states Embassy within the Bogota. This process provides the Us Citizen youngster an excellent All of us Passport, an excellent All of us Social Security Card, and you can a proof of Us Citizenship in the form of a great CRBA Certificate that never end.
– Can also be my spouse or Bride to be just use a visitor Visa and you will perform Improvement regarding Standing in the usa to obtain a green Card?
Zero! Subscribers Visas are manufactured towards goal of short-term go the usa, and as such, really should not be familiar with forever go on to the united states.
An effective “non-immigrant travel product” is actually 100% polar reverse so you can “immigration.” The government has the straight to bar and you will discipline the fresh new misuse away from a vacationer Charge, a low-immigrant items, an individual plans to Immigrate. CR-1/IR-step one and you will K-step one is immigration visas used with the reason for immigrating so you can the us.
– We currently recorded a processing and is also bringing more than requested. How can i verify that I am in this typical running day?
Delight look at the pursuing the post which can explain how you should locate the fresh new USCIS Product to see upwards-to-time handling moments in your specific legislation. /immigration/how-do-i-check-uscis-processing-times/
CR-1/IR-step 1 Spousal (Immigrant) Visa
The newest IR-step one / CR-step 1 Spousal Immigrant Charge ‘s the charge that would succeed an effective Colombian lover to help you immigrate into the Us. The process involves a few main level. In the first phase, brand new filing is analyzed and you may passed by USCIS. After it is acknowledged, the latest processing tend to go into stage dos in which it is moved to the NVC then after that on the Embassy from inside the Bogota.
To own a far more intricate report on these types of filing and just what it requires please reference the latest steps below:
- Region 1 – Petition to understand the connection – Submit brand new I-130 Electronically which have USCIS ( Associated Post located here )
- Part dos – USCIS Operating – I-130 Pending awaiting an effective USCIS Officer to review the submitting and you can supporting documents ( Handling minutes Article receive right here )
- Region step 3 – NVC Processing – Charge charges try repaid, DS-260 finished, and support data files submitted.
- Area cuatro – Consulate Interview – NVC provides the Bogota Interview day and you may day, the brand new Embassy/Consulate Account might be Registered, the new Immigrant Scientific Performed, Data prepared, and you can Interviews Went to.
- Part 5 – Are available to your Us – Shell out Immigrant Fee, Fly toward You, Apply/Receive You Societal Safeguards Cards, and you may Located Environmentally friendly Cards about send contained in this cuatro months just after entryway.
Mediocre Operating Day (at the time of ): 10 so you’re able to 12 months (on the almost all operating date invested about I-130 Petition)
The fresh I-864 Affidavit out-of Assistance could be assessed with regards to the I-864P (Hook up discovered right here: ). Unless you beat the newest I-864P Impoverishment Peak, then Possessions is expected ( Advantage Need found right here ), otherwise an excellent Co-Sponsor could be necessary ( Co-Recruit found right here ).
What’s the Variation off a beneficial CR-step one otherwise IR-step one Visa? If the pair might have been partnered for less than couple of years from the lifetime of interviews, then an effective CR-1 Visa could well be approved, fortifying the household so you’re able to a two-year Environmentally friendly Card and you can requiring an i-751 afterwards. ( Addiitional information discovered right here ) Whether your relationship is more than a couple of kissbrides.com creuser ce years in the lifetime of interviews, following an IR-step 1 Visa will be awarded and you can a following Green Card would feel valid to have a decade.
K-1 Bride-to-be (Immigrant) Charge
- Stage step one: I-129F Petition registered which have USCIS
- Stage 2: Document the fresh DS-160 K-step one Bride Visa application on United states Embassy for the Bogota, Colombia, here’s what enables the new fiancee to go into the united states
The purpose of Phase hands down the process is to acknowledge the partnership and establish this new eligibility of your own petitioner. Phase 2 is meant to concur that you’ll encounter was zero matrimony fraud and re also-confirms qualifications. Stage step 3 verifies the wedding taken place just after admission towards the K1 Charge and therefore the marriage is actually for love.
How long really does the new We-129F take to techniques? The fresh running moments on the We-129F petition is obtainable right here, simply get the provider heart the fresh processing is located at (which one to data is fundamentally on the filing’s Acknowledgment Notice): /immigration/how-do-i-check-uscis-processing-times/
The length of time do brand new We-485 take to procedure? The above hook will assist to find the present day operating day, the difference is that you carry out find the regional USCIS Industry Office, versus a USCIS Services Center. The fresh We-485 submitting (based on wedding) essentially demands an interview from the a community profession place of work.
For those who want help with the fresh Spousal or Bride-to-be Visa procedure, please consider getting in touch with all of our place of work to prepare a scheduled appointment having our Immigration Attorneys.
Disclaimer: This blog is done readily available because of the lawyer otherwise firm journalist to have informative motives simply also to make you standard suggestions and a broad comprehension of what the law states, to not give specific legal counsel. By using this blog you are sure that that there is no attorney-customer matchmaking ranging from you and your site/Web site writer. Your blog should not be made use of instead having competent legal advice of an authorized top-notch attorney on the condition.